341 S. Main – Carthage Courthouse Square Historic District – Carthage, Missouri
Posted by: Groundspeak Charter Member BruceS
N 37° 10.580 W 094° 18.659
15S E 383621 N 4115238
Quick Description: Historic former bank building in the Carthage Courthouse Square Historic District in Carthage, Missouri.
Location: Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 4/10/2015 6:01:47 AM
Waymark Code: WMNNRN
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member Math Teacher
Views: 0

Long Description:
One of three consecutive old Italianate style buildings dating from 1870 to 1880. The Wilbur building began as the Farmers and Drovers Bank about 1875. The building retains its original patterned tiles floor and metal ceiling which have been in the building since it's time as a clothing store which began in the early 1900s. In 1908, the brick Italianate façade was "modernized" with Carthage stone in a neoclassical style, is engaged columns flanking the two sets of double windows.

The building appears to be in good condition and is now used for a day spa.
Name of Historic District (as listed on the NRHP): Carthage Courthouse Square Historic District

Link to nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com page with the Historic District: [Web Link]

Address:
341 S. Main Carthage, Missouri


How did you determine the building to be a contributing structure?: Narrative found on the internet (Link provided below)

Optional link to narrative or database: [Web Link]

NRHP Historic District Waymark (Optional): Not listed

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.