Schloss Landeck - Tyrol, Austria
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member luzzi-reloaded
N 47° 08.123 E 010° 34.118
32T E 618953 N 5221402
Quick Description: Schloss Landeck - Tyrol, Austria
Location: Tirol, Austria
Date Posted: 4/2/2015 2:19:45 AM
Waymark Code: WMNM5P
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Blue Man
Views: 1

Long Description:
[DE]

"Das Schloss Landeck steht südlich in der Stadt Landeck auf einer felsigen Kuppe zwischen östlichen Talgehänge und dem tief eingeschnittenen Inn.

Ursprünglich als tirolisch landesfürstliche Gerichtsburg im 4. Viertel des 13. Jahrhunderts erbaut, wurde die Burg urkundlich 1296 erstmals erwähnt. Die Burg war als Pflege oder Pfandlehen vergeben, von 1518 bis 1549 an die Burg Schrofenstein, von 1549 bis 1705 an die Gienger. 1840 wechselte der Gerichtssitz in einen ehemaligen Ansitz in der Herzog-Friedrich-Straße und die Burg wurde eine militärische Kaserne. 1942 kaufte die Stadt Landeck das Schloss, worauf die Restaurierung und eine zeitgemäße Gestaltung von 1967 bis 1973 zum Bezirksmuseum Landeck erfolgte.

Anfangs eine einfache trapezoide Anlage mit südlichen Bergfried, nördlichem rechteckigem Palas und verbindender Ringmauer. Im 15. Jahrhundert und Anfang 16. Jahrhundert wurde der Burghof verbaut, westlich mit der Burgkapelle hl. Stephan, östlich mit Nebentrakten. Unterhalb der Burg wurden an drei Seiten Zwingeranlagen und eine Vorburg gebaut mit drei dreiviertelrunden Ecktürmen und Schlüsselscharten." - Quelle: Wikipedia



[EN]

"The Landeck castle stands in the southern town of Landeck on a rocky knoll between eastern Talgehänge and the deep Inn.

Originally built as Tirolisch sovereign's court castle in the 4th quarter of the 13th century, the castle was first mentioned in 1296. The castle was awarded as fief care or deposit, 1518-1549 at the castle Enzian, from 1549 to 1705 at the Gienger. 1840 moved the court based in a former stand hunting in Herzog-Friedrich-Straße and the castle was a military barracks. 1942 the city bought the castle Landeck, whereupon the restoration and contemporary design from 1967 to 1973 was carried District Museum Landeck.

Initially, a simple trapezoidal area with southern donjon, northern rectangular hall and connecting ring wall. In the 15th century and early 16th century, the courtyard was built to the west of the chapel St. Stephan, east with side wings. Below the castle were on three sides kennels and a front castle built with three three-quarter round corner towers and key-holes "- Source:. Wikipedia
Accessibility: Partial access

Condition: Intact

Admission Charge?: no

Website: [Web Link]

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Castles
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
luzzi-reloaded visited Schloss Landeck - Tyrol, Austria 4/3/2015 luzzi-reloaded visited it