Immanuel Parish House – New Castle, Delaware
Posted by: Groundspeak Charter Member BruceS
N 39° 39.604 W 075° 33.659
18S E 451877 N 4390179
Quick Description: Historic house in the New Castle Historic District, now serving as the parish house for the Immanuel Episcopal Church.
Location: Delaware, United States
Date Posted: 3/12/2015 10:14:43 PM
Waymark Code: WMNGKJ
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member thebeav69
Views: 0

Long Description:

The IMMANUEL PARISH HOUSE, corner Strand and Harmony St., was built about 1801 by the contractor, Peter Crowding, for the Charles Thomas-McCalmont family. This double entrance house, designed in the late Georgian colonial style as a hotel and dwelling, was used mostly as a private residence before Immanuel Church received it as the gift of a descendent of the first owner. It's three and a half story to stories with a deck above on the peak of the roof made the house a landmark from the river and surrounding country.- Delaware - A Guide to the First State, New Castle section, 1938, pg. 252.

The building is much as described in the Guide and continues to serve as parish house for the Immanuel Episcopal Church. The building is a contributing building in the New Castle Historic District.

Book: Delaware

Page Number(s) of Excerpt: 252

Year Originally Published: 1938

Visit Instructions:
To log a Visit, please supply an original image of the Waymark.

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest American Guide Series
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.