Dum U Mourenína / Blackamoor House - Svitavy, Czech Republic
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member puczmeloun
N 49° 45.362 E 016° 28.222
33U E 605907 N 5512542
Quick Description: Dum U Mourenína / Blackamoor House
Location: Jihomoravský kraj, Czechia
Date Posted: 3/5/2015 2:59:54 PM
Waymark Code: WMNFF2
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Dorcadion Team
Views: 14

Long Description:
Dum U Mourenína

Puvodní právovárecný dum v sousedství staré radnice patrí k nejstarším dochovaným meštanským domum. V renesancní dispozici byl postaven v roce 1554 a patrí k málu domu na námestí, u nichž víme presný rok stavby.

Puvodne zde bydlely rodiny svitavských purkmistru, ale již v 18. století byl prestaven na zájezdní hostinec U Mourenína (nem. Zum Mohren). K objasnení pojmenování domu nemáme oporu v historických zprávách, ale busta mourenína se dosud dochovala na puvodním nároží domu.

V historii objektu je duležitá zmínka z roku 1776, kdy se v hostinci ubytoval císar Josef II. pri své ceste z vesnice Kvetná do Brna. Ani požár v roce 1781, který zcela znicil námestí, se historické dispozice domu nedotkl. V období napoleonských válek zde v roce 1800 prespal ruský vojevudce Korsakov.

Sklepení domu s unikátní klenbou bylo díky své pevnosti využíváno od roku 1861 jako tresor mestské sporitelny a celý komplex sklepních chodeb byl propojen se sousední radnicí a s ostatními meštanskými domy.

Ve 20. století byl dum využíván ke komercním úcelum a v 50. letech 20. století probehla pomerne necitlivá prestavba interiéru. Dnes objekt využívá Informacní centrum mesta Svitavy.

Zdroj: (visit link)

EN:
Blackamoor House

This building with brewing rights located near the Old Town Hall is one of the oldest preserved civic houses in Svitavy. It was built with a Renaissance floor plan in 1554 and is one of the few houses on the square for which we know the exact year of construction.

The families of Svitavy magistrates originally lived in the house, but in the 18th century it was rebuilt as the roadside Blackamoor Inn (German Zum Mohren). While there are no historical records explaining how the building was named, a bust of a blackamoor has been preserved on the original corner of the house. An important date in the history of the house is 1776, when Emperor Josef II stayed in the inn on his journey from the village of Kvetná to Brno. Not even the town fire of 1781, which completely destroyed the square, impacted the historical layout of the building. The Russian commander Korsakov stayed in the house in 1800 during the Napoleonic Wars. Thanks to the strength created by the interesting vaulting the cellar of the building was used as a depository for the town savings bank beginning in 1861. The entire complex of cellar corridors was connected with the adjacent Town Hall and other civic buildings. The building was used for commercial purposes in the 20th century and in the 1950s relatively insensitive reconstruction work was performed on the interior. Today the building houses the Svitavy Town Information Centre.

Source: (visit link)
Date of origin:: 1554

Architect(s): unknown

Style: High Renaissance (ca. 1500–1550)

Web site of the object (if exists): [Web Link]

Type of building (structure): Town-house

Address: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Logging requirements: Please upload your own personal photo of the building. You or your GPS can be in the picture, but it’s not a requirement.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Renaissance Architecture
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.