Olive Branch Cemetery - Wise County, TX
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member QuarrellaDeVil
N 33° 19.970 W 097° 51.313
14S E 606540 N 3688769
Quick Description: Olive Branch Cemetery is a historic, old cemetery that is still slightly active, with just over seventy burials.
Location: Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/26/2014 9:09:17 AM
Waymark Code: WMMYX9
Published By: Groundspeak Charter Member Max Cacher
Views: 0

Long Description:
A Texas Historical Marker provides some background:

The first burial at this site occurred in the early 1870s. Area settlers H. H. Bradford, B. P. Cox, J. C. Cartwright, and J. C. Weaver, donated the property for the interment of a young girl who had died on a wagon train. The earliest marked grave is that of Maria B. Smith (1805-1875). During the 1890s, a sanctuary was built north of the burial ground for a Methodist Episcopal Church. As declining soil conditions caused families to move from the area, the congregation became inactive. The chapel was removed by 1914, but the Olive Branch Cemetery remains in use.
The Name of the Cemetery: yes

City, Town, or Parish / State / Country: yes

Post a Picture of the Cemetery into this Waymark gallery: yes

Approximate number of graves: yes

Visit Instructions:

The Name of the Cemetery

City, Town, or Parish / State / Country

Post a Picture of the Cemetery into this Waymark gallery

Approximate number of graves

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Worldwide Cemeteries
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.