Restauro da Igreja Paroquial de Urgeses - Guimarães, Portugal
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member razalas
N 41° 25.565 W 008° 17.798
29T E 558771 N 4586296
Quick Description: [PT]As obras de restauro da Igreja Paroquial de Urgezes foi inaugurada pelo Arcebispo Primaz D. Jorge Ortiga em 2012. [EN]The restoration of the Parish Church of Urgezes was inaugurated by Archbishop Primate Jorge D. Ortiga in 2012.
Location: Braga, Portugal
Date Posted: 6/2/2014 3:47:45 AM
Waymark Code: WMKW5Y
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member puczmeloun
Views: 0

Long Description:
[EN]
THE LOCATION
The present parish church of Urgezes was built very close to the old and was compleated on 9 March of 1975. In 2011 the church was 36 years old and the age was starting to show up, so it was decided to renew the whole church, works that took over a year and were inaugurated by the end of 2012.

THE PERSON
"Dom Jorge Ferreira da Costa Ortiga (Brufe, Vila Nova de Famalicão Municipality, 5 March 1944) is a Portuguese Catholic archbishop and the Primate of All Portugal.
He attended the seminary of the Archdiocese of Braga between 1955 and 1967. He was ordained a priest on 9 July 1967. He was Vicar Cooperator in the parish of St. Victor, in Braga, between 1967 and 1968.
He graduated from the Faculty of Ecclesiastical History at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome on 10 October 1970, later attending the curriculum for the doctoral degree. While in Rome, 1 October 1970 to May 1971, did a course in Grottaferrata priestly spirituality guided by the Institute Mystice Corporis.
In Braga, he worked in the Secretariat of Bishops, where he remained from June 1971 to September 1973 and during this time collaborating in the pastoral of the Third Church in Braga. On 1 October 1973 was appointed Rector of the Church Gathered and Chaplain of the Brotherhood of Our Lady of Sorrows and St Anne, erect in the same church. On November 24, 1981, was appointed Episcopal Vicar for Clergy, an office which was reconfirmed on 1 October 1985. On 6 March 1985 the Chapter was named Canon of the Cathedral of Braga.
On 9 November 1987, Pope John Paul II named him Titular Bishop of Braga Novabárbara and Auxiliary Bishop having received episcopal ordination in the Crypt of the Basilica Sameiro on 3 January 1988.
On 5 June 1999 his appointment as archbishop of Braga was announced having taken office on July 18, 1999. In the Conciliar Seminary of Braga (later School of Theology Faculty of Theology and now-Braga) taught introduction to the chairs of Historical Studies, History of Religions and Church History.
He was responsible for the Archdiocesan Secretariat for Vocations and President of the Institute of History and Religious Art.
He chaired the General Secretariat of the 40th Diocesan Synod and coordinated the Diocesan Pastoral Secretariat.
He is Chairman of the Board of the Diocesan Office of Clergy Support (IDAC).
He is President of the General Assembly of the Association "Give Your Hands."
In the Portuguese Episcopal Conference chaired the Episcopal Commission for the Doctrine of the Faith and belonged to the Episcopal Commission of Christian Education.
It is from April 4, 2005, the President of the Portuguese Episcopal Conference (CEP).
In 2011 he left the presidency of the Portuguese Episcopal Conference (CEP)."
From: (visit link)

THE PLAQUE
The metal plaque is placed on the right of the church entrance and it can be read:

"Urgezes Parish
Renovation of the Parish Church
October 2011 - December 2012
Opening presided by D. Jorge Ortiga Archbishop Primate
with the presence of Local Mayors
December 26, 2012"




[PT]
O LOCAL
A actual Igreja Paroquial foi construída muito próxima da antiga e inaugurada em 9 de Março de1975 por D. Francisco Maria da Silva, Arcebispo de Braga.
Em 2011 a igreja tinha 36 anos e a idade começava a mostrar-se, resolveu-se então renovar a toda a igreja obras que demoraram mais de um ano até serem inauguradas em finais de 2012


A PESSOA
"Dom Jorge Ferreira da Costa Ortiga (Brufe, Famalicão, 5 de Março de 1944 (70 anos) é um arcebispo católico português.
Frequentou os seminários da Arquidiocese de Braga entre 1955 e 1967, ordenando-se sacerdote em 9 de Julho de 1967. Foi Vigário Cooperador na paróquia de São Vítor, em Braga, entre 1967 e 1968.
Licenciou-se na Faculdade de História Eclesiástica da Pontifícia Universidade Gregoriana, em Roma, em 10 de Outubro de 1970, frequentando depois o currículo para o doutoramento. Ainda em Roma, de 1 de Outubro de 1970 a Maio de 1971, fez em Grottaferrata um curso de espiritualidade sacerdotal orientado pelo Instituto Mystice Corporis.
Regressado a Braga, passou a trabalhar na Secretaria Episcopal, onde se manteve de Junho de 1971 a Setembro de 1973, tendo durante este período colaborado na pastoral da Igreja dos Terceiros, em Braga. Em 1 de Outubro de 1973 foi nomeado Reitor da Igreja dos Congregados e Capelão da Irmandade de Nossa Senhora das Dores e santa Ana, erecta na mesma Igreja. Em 24 de Novembro de 1981, foi nomeado Vigário Episcopal para o Clero, cargo em que foi reconfirmado em 1 de Outubro de 1985. Em 6 de Março de 1985 foi nomeado Cónego Capitular da Sé de Braga.
Em 9 de Novembro de 1987 o Papa João Paulo II nomeou-o Bispo titular de Novabárbara e Auxiliar de Braga, tendo recebido a ordenação episcopal na Cripta da Basílica do Sameiro, em 3 de Janeiro de 1988. Em 5 de Junho de 1999 foi tornada pública a sua nomeação para Arcebispo de Braga, tendo tomado posse no dia 18 de Julho de 1999.
No Seminário Conciliar de Braga, (depois Instituto Superior de Teologia e agora Faculdade de Teologia-Braga) leccionou as cadeiras de introdução aos Estudos Históricos, História das Religiões e História da Igreja. Foi responsável pelo Secretariado Arquidiocesano das Vocações e Presidente do Instituto de História e Arte Sacra. Presidiu ao Secretariado Geral do 40º Sínodo Diocesano e coordenou o Secretariado Diocesano de Pastoral. É Presidente do Conselho de Administração do Instituto Diocesano de Apoio ao Clero (IDAC). É Presidente da Assembleia Geral da Associação "Dar as Mãos". Na Conferência Episcopal Portuguesa presidiu à Comissão Episcopal da Doutrina da Fé e pertenceu à Comissão Episcopal da Educação Cristã. Entre 4 de Abril de 2005 e 3 de Maio de 2011 desempenhou funções como presidente da Conferência Episcopal Portuguesa."
Fonte: (visit link)

A PALCA
A placa de metal está colocada do lado direito da entrada da igreja e pode-se ler:
"Paróquia de Urgezes
Restauro da Igreja Paroquial
Outubro 2011 - Dezembro 2012
Inauguração presidida por D. Jorge Ortiga Arcebispo Primaz
com a presença dos Autarcas Locais
26 de Dezembro de 2012"
What was opened/inaugurated?: Renovation of the Parish Church

Who was that opened/inaugurated it?: D. Jorge Ortiga Archbishop Primate

Date of the opening/inauguration?: December 26, 2012

Website about the location: [Web Link]

Website about the person: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
-Please provide a photo you have taken of the site.

-Tell us something about your visit!
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Grand Opening
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.