Owatonna Union Depot
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz
N 44° 05.640 W 093° 14.259
15T E 480976 N 4882340
Quick Description: This Historical Marker is mounted on the south face of the Owatonna Union Depot located on the south side of Eisenhower Drive west of State Avenue in Owatonna, Minnesota.
Location: Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 7/15/2013 6:34:43 PM
Waymark Code: WMHJAA
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member KC0GRN
Views: 3

Long Description:
Union Depot

Built in 1887 at a cost of $11,200 by the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway and the Chicago Northwestern Railroad companies, this landmark depot was located at the corner of Elm Avenue and Front Street in Owatonna. In 1977, Reuben A. Kaplan, the founder of OTC, saved it from demolition and had it moved to this location. It was faithfully restored to its original splendor and today serves as a meeting facility for OTC Division of SPX Corporation. It is also an interesting historical attraction for visitors to this area.

Marker Type:: City

Visit Instructions:
A photo of the 'Marker' or 'Plaque' is required to identify the location, plus a picture of the 'Historic Site'.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Minnesota Historical Markers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
wildernessmama visited Owatonna Union Depot 11/9/2013 wildernessmama visited it