Gazebo de la Pépinière - Nancy, FR
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Infra-Blue
N 48° 41.821 E 006° 10.955
32U E 292691 N 5397606
Quick Description: Gazebo du Parc de la Pépinière / Gazebo of the park in Nancy
Location: Grand-Est, France
Date Posted: 3/4/2015 12:37:31 PM
Waymark Code: WMNF9J
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member riston2
Views: 1

Long Description:
Kiosque à musique édifié en 1875 en remplacement d'un kiosque antérieur construit en 1841 dans la Pépinière, jardin public destiné depuis peu exclusivement à la promenade des Nancéiens. Des concerts de musique militaire ou privée y étaient donnés certains soirs d'été. Cet ancien kiosque se composait d'une estrade octogonale de bois de 9 mètres de diamètre, élevée sur 8 pilotis à 1 mètre de haut. Une balustrade de 1 mètre de haut, également en bois, l'entourait. Chaque face était composée de deux rectangles côte à côte, décorés chacun de 4 barreaux partant des angles pour se rejoindre au centre, marqué par une pièce circulaire, le tout formant une croix. En 1875, la municipalité remplace l'ancien kiosque par le kiosque actuel dessiné par l'architecte Prosper Morey, réalisé par les entreprises nancéennes Frédéric Schertzer (constructions métalliques), Bary Simon (maçonnerie), Zimmerman-Perin (ferronnerie, serrurerie) ; il est inauguré le 4 juillet avec emphase. En 1895, il fait l'objet de réparations qui durent plusieurs mois et entraînent l'annulation du premier concert de la saison. A l'origine, la voûte, quadrillée par sa charpente métallique apparente, était décorée d'étoiles peintes sur fond clair et de rinceaux sur les voûtains, et des stores permettaient de clôturer la scène. Le kiosque est réhabilité en 2000. Ce kiosque a été réalisé dans le souci de s'accorder à l'ensemble architectural du 18e siècle l'entourant. Ainsi, ses ornements dorés évoquent les ferronneries de Jean Lamour et en font une oeuvre qui s'intègre parfaitement au décor qui l'entoure (le kiosque est tout proche de l'hémicycle de la Carrière et de la promenade qui mène aux grilles Jean Lamour de la place Stanislas).

Source : Base Mérimée

----------------------------

Gazebo built in 1875 to replace an earlier kiosk built in 1841 in the pepinière, park recently designed exclusively for the walk by locals. Military or private music concerts given there were some summer evenings. This former booth consisted of an octagonal wooden platform 9 meters in diameter, built on stilts 8 to 1 meter high. A balustrade 1 meter high, also in wood, surrounded him. Each face was composed of two rectangles side by side, each decorated with 4 bars from the corners to meet at the center, marked by a circular room, forming a cross. In 1875, the municipality replaces the old kiosk by the current kiosk designed by architect Prosper Morey, directed by Frédéric Schertzer companies of Nancy (metal), Bary Simon (masonry), Zimmerman-Perin (metalwork, locksmith) it was inaugurated on July 4 with emphasis. In 1895 he is the subject of repairs that last several months and result in the cancellation of the first concert of the season. Originally, the vault, crisscrossed by its apparent metal frame, was decorated with stars painted on a light background and foliage on vaults, and blinds allowed to close the scene. The kiosk was rehabilitated in 2000. This kiosk was carried out in order to grant the 18th century architectural ensemble surrounding it. Thus, its golden ornaments evoke the ironwork of Jean Lamour and make a work that fits perfectly with the surrounding scenery (the kiosk is near the hemicycle of the Career and boardwalk that leads to the gates Jean Lamour Stanislas place).
Seating Type: No Seating

Location: Parc de la Pépnière, Nancy

Materials Used: Metal

Other Material Used: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
A clear photo of the gazebo would be nice. Tell about your experience there.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Gazebos
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.