Seven Points, TX - Population 1455
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member QuarrellaDeVil
N 32° 19.421 W 096° 17.035
14S E 755684 N 3579556
Quick Description: Seven Points, TX, population 1455 as of this posting. This sign is located on the south side of FM 85, at the western city limit.
Location: Texas, United States
Date Posted: 1/21/2015 6:18:24 PM
Waymark Code: WMN90Y
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member monkeys4ever
Views: 0

Long Description:
The Handbook of Texas Online has this to say about Seven Points: (visit link)

Seven Points is on State Highway 274 twenty miles northwest of Athens in far northwestern Henderson County. The largely residential community grew up in the 1960s after the construction of nearby Cedar Creek Reservoir and was incorporated in the 1970s. The population was 224 in 1980. In 1990 the population was 723, and the community had spread into Kaufman County. By 1992 the community had a bank, a post office, and reported a population of 1,071. The population reached 1,145 in 2000.

--

The city is named for an intersection where seven roads converge: The seven roads consist of two state highways (three directions -- SH 274 x 2 and SH 334), a Farm to Market road (FM 85), and three county roads (CR 2402, 2403, and 2404).
Address: Western city limit, FM 85

Visit Instructions:
At the discretion of the Waymarker.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Population Signs
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.