Eleanor D - Great Lakes Trawler - Oswego, NY
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member jiggs11
N 43° 27.868 W 076° 30.945
18T E 377387 N 4813510
Quick Description: Last fishing vessel to ply Lake Ontario - on display at the H Lee White Museum in Oswego, NY.
Location: New York, United States
Date Posted: 1/19/2015 11:23:47 PM
Waymark Code: WMN8NY
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Queens Blessing
Views: 0

Long Description:
The Eleanor D was the last commercial fishing boat on Lake Ontario. It was owned by the local Cahill family, who had fished the Lake for three generations.

Built in 1948, the Cahills fished her from 1958 until 1978. Her main catch consisted of Lake Trout, Whitefish, Perch, Bass, Chubs and Sturgeon. American Eels were also fished.

She sat berthed in Oswego harbor until 2004, when donated to the museum. A team of volunteers lifted her out. Restoration, stabilization and repairs began in 2005.
Is there a tour: No.

If boat is a garden what was planted in it: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Photos.

What you thought of the location.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Landlocked Boats
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.