Kostel Nanebevzetí Panny Marie - Šlapanice, Czech Republic
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member puczmeloun
N 49° 10.180 E 016° 43.597
33U E 625857 N 5447752
Quick Description: Kostel Nanebevzetí Panny Marie / The church of the Ascension of the Virgin Mary
Location: Jihomoravský kraj, Czechia
Date Posted: 9/15/2014 2:00:25 PM
Waymark Code: WMMG3G
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Dorcadion Team
Views: 16

Long Description:
Kostel Nanebevzetí Panny Marie, stojící na nejvyšším míste Masarykova námestí, je nejstarší a nejhodnotnejší stavební památkou našeho mesta. Vzhled puvodní románské stavby, vzniklé zrejme koncem 12. nebo zacátkem 13. století, se nedochoval. Pouze základ jižní strany presbytáre a jádro veže, v jejímž prvním patre je zazdena románská hlavice, nám tento sloh dokládají. Rane gotickou stavbu z prelomu 13. a 14. století naznacuje pouze dodnes dochované gotické žebroví v presbytári a fragmenty oken a dverí, nalezené pod omítkou roku 1984. Ve stredoveku byl celý objekt obehnán hradbou s baštami a tvoril tzv. kostelní tvrz, která mela chránit obyvatele bohaté osady pred vojenským nebezpecím.
V roce 1401 se však kostela zmocnila tlupa loupežníka Keyzolta a pri potycce s nimi byl kostel zpustošen. Za husitských válek, roku 1449, jej vypálil a zpustošil Jan z Boskovic. Ve tricetileté válce, pri obléhání Brna Švédy byl úplne vydrancován a další požáry jsou pripomínány v letech 1667 a 1733, kdy vyhorela skoro celá obec, fara i kostel. V letech 1753–1755 byl zchátralý kostel pricinením olomouckého scholastika a šlapanického faráre Gianiniho zbarokizován (v puvodním gotickém slohu zustal pouze presbytár). O dva roky pozdeji opet vyhorel. Dnešní vzhled kostela tedy pochází z roku 1757.
Dodnes se zachoval barokní oltár s obrazem Panny Marie Nanebevzaté od Johanna Endlingera, malíre, jenž namaloval i obraz svatého Michala na bocním oltári. Tento svetec byl patronem Kuru literátského tzv. Bratrstva sv. Michala, založeného pri farním kostele již v roce 1617.
První varhany nechal porídit dekan P. Jan Holoubek (1819–1895). Nástroj byl porízen z penežního odkazu P. Vincence Vzácného (zemrel 23. 4. 1861), který zanechal k tomuto úcelu 1000 zlatých. Ty nynejší pocházejí z Krnova a byly instalovány v únoru 1973.
V roce 1887 byla kostelní vež zvýšena na 36 metru a opatrena charakteristickou cibulovitou bání a vežními hodinami ze zrušeného podolského zámku. Roku 1919 byl kostel pokryt pálenými taškami. Kostel obklopoval do roku 1832 starý hrbitov, jeden z jeho náhrobku nesl letopocet 1565.
Od listopadu 1989 do srpna 1990 byla provedena nákladná celková rekonstrukce kostela.

Zdroj: (visit link)

The church of the Ascension of the Virgin Mary, standing on the highest point of Masaryk Square, is the oldest and most valuable monumental building of our town. The original appearance of the Roman building, which most likely originated from the end of the 12th or the beginning of the 13th century, was not retained. The only evidence of this style is the foundation of the south side of the presbytery and the core of the tower with a recessed Romanesque capital on the first floor. The early Gothic building from the turn of the 14th century is suggested only by the Gothic ribbing in the presbytery, and window and door fragments, found under the stucco in 1984 and preserved to this day. In the Middle Ages, the entire object was surrounded by a wall with bastions, and formed a so-called church fortress that was intended to protect the inhabitants of the rich settlement from military danger.
In 1401, the church was taken by the robber Keyzolt and his group and the church was plundered during the fight. During the Hussite wars in 1449, the church was burnt down and plundered by Jan from Boskovice. During the siege of Brno by the Swedish in the Thirty Years War, the church was totally devastated. Other fires are remembered from the years 1667 and 1733, when almost the entire village, including the vicarage and the church, were burnt. The ruined church was rebuilt during 1753–1755 in the Baroque style, with the help of a scholastic from Olomouc and Šlapanice´s priest, Gianini. Only the presbytery remained in the original Gothic style. Two years later it burnt down again, therefore, the current appearance of the church originated in 1757.
The Baroque altar, with the painting of the Ascension of the Virgin Mary by Johann End linger, who also did the painting of Saint Michal on the side altar, has remained to this day. Saint Michal was the patron of the choir of the Literary Brotherhood of Saint Michal, founded by the parish church in 1617.
The first organ was acquired by the dean, Jan Holoubek (1819–1895). The instrument was bought with the financial bequeathal of Vincenc Vzácný (died April 4, 1861), who left 1000 pieces of gold for this purpose. The current organ originates from Krnov and was installed in February 1973.
In 1887, the church tower was heightened to 36 meters and supplied with the typical bulb-shaped copula and a tower clock from the abolished castle in Podolí. In 1919, the church was roofed with clay tiles. From 1832, the church was surrounded by an old cemetery, where the year 1565 can be found on one of the tombstones.
An expensive, full renovation of the church was carried out between November 1989 and August 1990.

Source: (visit link)
Type of Church: Church

Status of Building: Actively in use for worship

Date of organization: 1/1/1100

Date of building construction: 1/1/1100

Diocese: Brněnská

Address/Location:
Římskokatolická farnost Šlapanice u Brna
Masarykovo nám. 9
Šlapanice u Brna, Czech Republic
664 51


Relvant Web Site: [Web Link]

Dominant Architectural Style: Not listed

Associated Shrines, Art, etc.: Not listed

Archdiocese: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
To log a visit to this waymark, you must post at least one original photo of the site, give the date and a brief description of your visit.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Roman Catholic Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
Olii05 visited Kostel Nanebevzetí Panny Marie - Šlapanice, Czech Republic 12/5/2014 Olii05 visited it