Monumento de Homenagem aos mesários da Confraria - Amares, Portugal
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member razalas
N 41° 40.479 W 008° 15.571
29T E 561636 N 4613918
Quick Description: [PT]Este monumento de homenagem ao membros da Confraria de Nossa Senhora da Abadia foi inaugurada pelo D. Eurico D. Nogueira.[EN] This monument honoring the members of The Brotherhood of Our Lady of the Abbey was inaugurated by D. Eurico D. Nogueira.
Location: Braga, Portugal
Date Posted: 6/2/2014 7:51:51 AM
Waymark Code: WMKW74
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member puczmeloun
Views: 2

Long Description:
[PT]
A PLACA
Na face frontal do monumento de homenagem ao membros da Confraria de Nossa Senhora da Abadia podemos ler:


Homenagem aos mesários da
Confraria que serviram Nossa Senhora da Abadia
e aqueles que os antecederam na
fundação e crescimento deste
santuário para maior glória de Deus
Inaugurado pelo Arcebispo Primaz
DOM EURICO DIAS NOGUEIRA
15 de Agosto de 1987



O LOCAL
No largo em frente ao Santuário de Nossa Senhora da Abadia foi contruido este monumento aos mesários da Confraria que serviram Nossa Senhora da Abadia. O monumento consiste numa Pirâmide Triangular construida em granito com cerca de 4 metros de altura que está apoiada numa base em granito com 6 degraus. Na face frontal da piramide está o texto que podemos ler acima. Na face lateral direita da piramide podemos encontrar uma placa que diz que este é um projecto de Cesar Augusto.

A PESSOA
"Eurico Dias Nogueira (Dornelas do Zêzere, 6 de março de 1923 - Braga, 19 de maio de 2014) foi um bispo católico português, foi arcebispo de Braga de 5 de novembro de 1977 até 18 de agosto de 1999.
Foi ordenado sacerdote em 22 de dezembro de 1945.
Frequentou a Universidade Gregoriana de 1945 a 1948. De 1950 a 1956 frequentou a Universidade de Coimbra, licenciando-se em Direito Civil.
A ordenação episcopal realizou-se na Sé Nova de Coimbra, no dia 6 de dezembro de 1964.
De 6 de dezembro de 1964 a 19 de fevereiro de 1972 foi bispo de Vila Cabral, Moçambique. De 19 de fevereiro de 1972 a 3 de fevereiro de 1977 foi bispo de Sá da Bandeira, atual Lubango, Angola.
Participou no Concílio Vaticano II enquanto responsável pela diocese moçambicana de Vila Cabral.
Passou a arcebispo emérito quando deixou, por limite de idade, o ofício de arcebispo. Passou a residir no Seminário de Santiago.
Faleceu em Braga em 19 de maio de 2014, após internamento súbito no hospital local."
Fonte: (visit link)

[EN]
THE PLAQUE
The front of the monument honoring the members of the Brotherhood of Our Lady of the Abbey we read:

Tribute to the board members
of The Brotherhood who served Our Lady of the Abbey
and those who preceded them in
the foundation and growth of this
sanctuary for the greater glory of God
Inaugurated by the Archbishop Primate
DOM EURICO DIAS Nogueira
August 15, 1987


THE LOCATION
In the square in front of the Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Abbey was built this monument to the board members of the Brotherhood who served Our Lady of the Abbey. The monument consists of a triangular pyramid built in granite with about 4 meters high that rests on a granite base with 6 steps. On the front face of the pyramid is the text we read above. On the right side of the pyramid we can find a plaque that says that this is a project of Cesar Augusto.

THE PERSON
"Eurico Dias Nogueira (6 March 1923 – 19 May 2014) was a Portuguese Prelate of Roman Catholic Church.
Nogueira was born in Dornelas do Zêzere, Portugal and was ordained a priest on 22 December 1945. Nogueira was appointed bishop to the Diocese of Vila Cabral on 10 July 1964 and ordained bishop on 6 December 1964. Nogueira was then appointed bishop of the Diocese of Sá da Bandeira on 19 February 1972 and resigned from the position on 3 February 1977. Nogueira's final appointment to archbishop of the Archdiocese of Braga and he retired as archbishop on 5 June 1999."
From: (visit link)
What was opened/inaugurated?: Monumento de Homenagem aos mesários da Confraria

Who was that opened/inaugurated it?: D. Eurico Dias Nogueira (Archbishop Primate of Braga)

Date of the opening/inauguration?: August 15, 1987

Website about the location: [Web Link]

Website about the person: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
-Please provide a photo you have taken of the site.

-Tell us something about your visit!
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Grand Opening
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.