Chemistry Building - University of Delaware - Newark, Delaware
Posted by: Groundspeak Charter Member BruceS
N 39° 40.780 W 075° 45.109
18S E 435525 N 4392474
Quick Description: Academic building now known as Brown Laboratory on the campus of the University of Delaware.
Location: Delaware, United States
Date Posted: 1/4/2014 9:49:52 AM
Waymark Code: WMJVNE
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member ddtfamily
Views: 1

Long Description:
The CHEMISTRY BUILDING, erected 1937, is a two-and-a-half-story brick structure, modernly equipped for chemical engineering.  Some of its outstanding features are safety-insured laboratories and a tiered auditorium with a capacity for 268 students.  It is the gift of an anonymous friend of the university. -Delaware: A Guide to the First State, 1938, pg. 228.

The chemistry building now known as Brown Laboratory, is named after H. Fletcher Brown, who was the inventor of smokeless gun powder.  He became a benefactor of the University and served on the Board of Trustees from 1929 to 1944.  He financed the construction of this building.   

The building currently undergoing extensive renovation continues to house the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Book: Delaware

Page Number(s) of Excerpt: 228

Year Originally Published: 1938

Visit Instructions:
To log a Visit, please supply an original image of the Waymark.

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest American Guide Series
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.