St. Paul, TX - Population 1066
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member QuarrellaDeVil
N 33° 03.114 W 096° 34.108
14S E 727038 N 3659668
Quick Description: St. Paul, TX, population 1066 as of this posting. This sign is located at the northwestern city limit, where FM 1378 and FM 2514 intersect.
Location: Texas, United States
Date Posted: 9/8/2013 9:24:12 AM
Waymark Code: WMJ19W
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member monkeys4ever
Views: 1

Long Description:
The Handbook of Texas Online has this to say about St. Paul: (visit link)

St. Paul is on Farm Road 2514 and the shore of Lavon Lake, eleven miles south of McKinney in southern Collin County. It was named for the biblical evangelist Paul. In 1876 St. Paul had its own post office, and in 1890 it had thirty residents, a general store, a gristmill, and a cotton gin. Mail arrived three times a week. In 1894 the post office was withdrawn. A school had been started at the community before 1880 and was still operating in 1900. In the 1930s highway maps showed a school, a church, and scattered dwellings in the area. During the 1970s the town had a population of 150, and by the mid-1970s it had incorporated. It reported a population of 415 in 1990. In 2000 the population was 630.

--

Battle of San Jacinto veteran, Charles Stibbens, is buried in the St. Paul Cemetery.
Address: Northwestern city limit, west side of FM 1378

Visit Instructions:
At the discretion of the Waymarker.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Population Signs
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.