bývalý pivovar, Praha - Zbraslav, Czech republic
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Noe1
N 49° 58.597 E 014° 23.590
33U E 456488 N 5536206
Quick Description: Pivovar postaven v roce 1764 a zrušen 1950 / Brewery built in 1764 and closed in 1950.
Location: Hlavní město Praha, Czechia
Date Posted: 12/2/2012 6:42:33 AM
Waymark Code: WMFV4J
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Windsocker
Views: 37

Long Description:
Založení pivovaru ve Zbraslavi souvisí se vznikem cisterciáckého kláštera na konci 13. století. První písemný doklad o zdejším pivovaru najdeme ale až v dopise, který napsal císari Rudolfu II. opat Antonín Flaming 22. 6. 1593. Nový pivovar byl postaven v sousedství kláštera v roce 1764 za opata Desideria Duchoslava Andrese. Dlouhá budova hlavního traktu, kde se nacházel hvozd, humna, skladište a další prostory tvorí dnes severní frontu Zbraslavského námestí. Voda byla do pivovaru privádena starým klášterním potrubím z pramenu na Královne. V této dobe pivovar varil rocne cca 50 várek po 34 sudech. V roce 1785 byl klášter zrušen a správu pivovaru vykonával náboženský fond. V kvetnu 1825 koupil zbraslavské panství vcetne pivovaru kníže Bedrich z rodu Öttingen-Wallersteinu. Rodina Öttingen-Wallersteinu pivovar strídave provozovala ve vlastní režii a pronajímala. V roce 1895 byl premenen na parostrojní a vybaven varnou od firmy Ringhoffer. Poslední soukromý majitel, Cyril Barton rytír z Dobenína, koupil panství i s pivovarem v roce 1910. Pivovar vlastnil až do jeho znárodnení v cervenci 1948. Znárodnený pivovar ukoncil provoz v roce 1950.

zdroj: ZN clánek Jindricha Leitnera

==========================

Founding brewery in Zbraslav is linked with the Cistercian monastery in the late 13th century. The first written evidence of the local brewery can be found but in the letter he wrote to the Emperor Rudolf II. by Anthony, Abbot Flaming 22. 6. 1593. The new brewery was built near the monastery in 1764 under Abbot Desiderius Duchoslav Andres. Long wing of the main building, where there was a kiln, backyards, warehouses and other premises is now northern front of the Zbraslav Square. Water was brought to the old monastery brewery piping from springs on the Queen Hill. At this time a year brewery brewed about 50 batches of 34 barrels. In 1785 the monastery was closed and management brewery performed by religious foundation. In May 1825 the estate including brewery was bought by Prince Frederick from House Öttingen-Wallerstein. Öttingen-Wallerstein family the brewery alternately operated for own account and rented. In 1895 was converted into a steam-engine. The last private owner, Cyril Barton knight of Dobenína, bought the estate with the brewery in 1910. Owned brewery until its nationalization in July 1948. Nationalized brewery ceased operations in 1950.

Source: article of Jindrich Leitner
Website: [Web Link]

Location:
Zbraslavské náměstí
Praha - Zbraslav, Czech republic


Ratings:

Parking Coordinates: Not Listed

Visit Instructions:

To claim a find on a waymark in this category, please supply a couple of photos one with your gps showing and tell us about your visit to this waymark.

If possible you should also try to be in one of the photographs.

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Breweries
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
Tichy_Team visited bývalý pivovar, Praha - Zbraslav, Czech republic 4/24/2013 Tichy_Team visited it