Kirche St. Clemens - Dortmund, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member luzzi-reloaded
N 51° 28.471 E 007° 26.179
32U E 391402 N 5703753
Quick Description: Kirche St. Clemens - Dortmund, Germany
Location: Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Date Posted: 5/9/2012 9:44:04 AM
Waymark Code: WMED0Z
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Dorcadion Team
Views: 4

Long Description:
[DE]

"Die römisch-katholische Kirche St. Clemens befindet sich im Dortmunder Stadtteil Hombruch. Sie ist die Pfarrkirche der gleichnamigen Pfarrei St. Clemens im Pastoralverbund Dortmund Süd-West.

Im Rahmen der Industrialisierung im 19. Jahrhundert kamen viele katholische Arbeiter nach Dortmund. Damit die neuen Mitbürger eine religiöse Heimat finden konnten, wurde am 19. Oktober 1864 eine katholische Kirchengemeinde in Dortmund-Hombruch gegründet.

Der protestantische Industrielle Freiherr Clemens von Romberg stellte am 15. Oktober 1866 den Katholiken ein Grundstück zur Verfügung, auf dem die St. Clemens-Kirche gebaut wurde.

Am 22. Juni 1870 wurde der Grundstein für die Kirche, die nach den Plänen des Architekten Arnold Güldenpfennig, gelegt. Bischof Konrad Martin von Paderborn nahm die feierliche Konsekration der Pfarrkirche im September 1871 vor.

1896 wurde die Kirche zum ersten Mal erweitert. In den 20er Jahren des 20. Jahrhunderts wurden zahlreiche Umbau- und Erweitungsbaumaßnahmen durchgeführt:

1922: Einbau von elektrischem Licht
1924: Erweiterung der Orgelbühne und Einbau einer Heizung
1927: elektrische Läutewerk und Orgelgebläse; Ersatz der einfachen Verglasung durch bunte Glasfenster mit Heiligendarstellungen

Am 10. März 1945 wurde die Pfarrkirche durch einen alliierten Großangriff auf Dortmund in den letzten Tagen des Zweiten Weltkrieg teilweise zerstört. Kurze Zeit darauf wurde am 23. April 1945 mit den ersten Aufräumarbeiten begonnen. Die endgültige Wiederherstellung (u. a. mit dem Einbau der neuen Chorfenster) wurde mit der Konsekration durch den Generalvikar Dr. Friedrich Maria Rintelen am 27. Juni 1948 abgeschlossen.

Die auf Grund des Zweiten Vatikanischen Konzils notwendigen Veränderungen wurden im Jahre 1973 mit der Umgestaltung des Chors und Neubau der Eingänge auf der Südseite vorläufig abgeschlossen.

Ab 1982 wurde der Altarraum neu gestaltet. Am 2. Juni 1984 wurde der neue neoromanischen Altar durch den Erzbischof Dr. Johannes Joachim Degenhardt geweiht.

Im Jahre 1991 erhielt die Kirche eine neue Farbfassung und die Industriedecke, die nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg eingebaut wurde, wurde durch eine Holzdeckenkonstruktion ersetzt. Zudem wurde mit dem Einbau der neuen Fenster begonnen. Das letzte Fenster mit der einfachen Verglasung wurde im Jahre 2005 ersetzt.

Seit dem 14. September 1993 ist das Kirchengebäude als Baudenkmal in die Denkmalliste der Stadt Dortmund eingetragen." - Quelle: (visit link)



[EN]

"The Roman Catholic Church of St. Clement is located in the district of Dortmund Downtown East. It is the parish church of St. Clement in the same parish pastoral composite Dortmund southwest.

In the context of industrialization in the 19th Century there were many Catholic workers to Dortmund. This could see the new citizens was a religious home, on 19 October 1864, a Catholic parish founded in Dortmund Downtown East.

The Protestant industrialist Baron Clemens von Romberg presented on 15 October 1866 the Catholics a plot of land available on the St. Clement's Church was built.

On 22 June, 1870 the foundation stone for the church, the set designed by the architect Arnold Güldenpfennig. Bishop Konrad Martin of Paderborn undertook the solemn consecration of the parish in September 1871.

In 1896 the church was expanded for the first time. In the 20 years of the 20th Century were carried out numerous reconstruction and Erweitungsbaumaßnahmen:

1922: Installation of electric light
1924: Expansion of the organ loft and installation of a heating
1927: electric bell and organ blower, replacement of single glazing with stained glass windows of saints

On 10 March 1945, the church destroyed by an Allied attack on the United Dortmund in the final days of World War II in part. Shortly afterwards, on 23 April 1945 with the first clean-up operations began. The final recovery (including the installation of new stained glass windows) was the consecration by the Vicar General Dr. Friedrich Maria Rintelen on 27 Completed in June 1948.

The necessary due to the Second Vatican Council, changes have been provisionally closed in 1973 with the redesign and rebuilding of the choir of the inputs on the south side.

From 1982, the sanctuary was remodeled. On 2 June 1984 was dedicated to the new neo-Romanesque altar by the Archbishop Johannes Joachim Degenhardt.

In 1991 the church received a new color version of the industry and ceiling, which was built after the Second World War, was replaced by a wooden roof structure. In addition to the installation of new windows has started. The last window with the simple glass was replaced in 2005.

Since the 14th September 1993, the church building as a historic monument in the city of Dortmund list of registered "- Source:. (visit link) 28Dortmund-Hombruch% 29%
Type of Church: Church

Status of Building: Actively in use for worship

Diocese: Dortmund

Address/Location:
Vulkanstrasse
Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfahlen Germany
44135


Date of organization: Not listed

Date of building construction: Not listed

Dominant Architectural Style: Not listed

Associated Shrines, Art, etc.: Not listed

Archdiocese: Not listed

Relvant Web Site: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
To log a visit to this waymark, you must post at least one original photo of the site, give the date and a brief description of your visit.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Roman Catholic Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
klasam visited Kirche St. Clemens - Dortmund, Germany 6/22/2012 klasam visited it
luzzi-reloaded visited Kirche St. Clemens - Dortmund, Germany 5/10/2012 luzzi-reloaded visited it

View all visits/logs