Igreja Matriz - Paróquia Santo Antônio de Paraibuna - Paraibuna, Brazil
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member saopaulo1
S 23° 23.203 W 045° 39.761
23K E 432281 N 7413513
Quick Description: The main catholic church in Paraibuna, Brazil.
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Date Posted: 1/13/2012 12:23:26 PM
Waymark Code: WMDGM5
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member scrambler390
Views: 0

Long Description:
From the city's website: " A inauguração oficial ocorreu em 7 de setembro de 1886, com a presença do Rev.mo. D. Lino Deodate Rodrigues de Carvalho, então bispo desta diocese, e com assistência dos Revmo. padres Antônio Pires do Prado, Bento Claro, Porfírio de Souza Martins, cônegos Ezechias Galião da Fontoura e Raymundo Marculino de Cruz Cintra. A torre que hoje se ergue em seu frontal teve iniciada sua construção por volta de 1904, iniciativa do Rev.mo padre Francisco Felippo. Em seu estilo original de construção ela permaneceu até por volta de 1954, quando teve início uma reforma geral, financiada pelos paroquianos. Quando à parte externa, o templo teve alteradas nessa reforma, entre outras coisas, as janelas laterais (anteriormente em madeira), as duas portas laterais da frente do prédio, que não existem mais, e a torre que teve retirada a diviSão de seu primeiro arco. Quanto à parte interna da Igreja Matriz, foi retratada em esplendor, precisamente no teto da Igreja, por meio das pinturas, a vida do Patrono da cidade. Pintura que é uma verdadeira obra-prima, feita pelo pintor Álvaro Pereira." (visit link)

English: "The official inauguration took place on September 7, 1886, in the presence of Rev.mo. D. Deodate Lino Rodrigues de Carvalho, then bishop of this diocese, and with the assistance of Rt. Antonio Pires do Prado priests, Benedict Sure, Porfirio de Souza Martins, canons Ezechias Gallio da Fontoura and Raymundo Cruz Marculino Cintra. The tower now stands on the front had started its construction around 1904, an initiative of Father Francisco Rev.mo Felippo. In his unique style of construction it remained until around 1954, when it began an overhaul, funded by the parishioners. When the outside, the temple had changed in this reform, among other things, the side windows (formerly Wood), the two side doors of the front of the building, which no longer exist, and the tower which had removed the first division of its arc . As the inside of the Church, was portrayed in splendor, precisely on the roof of the Church, through the paintings, the life of the Patron of the city. Painting is a true masterpiece, made ??by the painter Alvaro Pereira. "
Type of Church: Church

Status of Building: Actively in use for worship

Date of building construction: 1/1/1904

Dominant Architectural Style: colonial

Archdiocese: Aperacida

Diocese: São José dos Campos

Address/Location:
Praça Monsenhor Ernesto Almírio Arantes
Paraibuna, SP Brazil


Date of organization: Not listed

Associated Shrines, Art, etc.: Not listed

Relvant Web Site: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
To log a visit to this waymark, you must post at least one original photo of the site, give the date and a brief description of your visit.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Roman Catholic Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.