Schlossruine Thaur, Tyrol Austria
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member luzzi-reloaded
N 47° 18.071 E 011° 27.954
32T E 686410 N 5241584
Quick Description: Schlossruine Thaur, Tyrol Austria
Location: Tirol, Austria
Date Posted: 3/14/2011 2:43:25 AM
Waymark Code: WMAZ0Q
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member QuesterMark
Views: 13

Long Description:
[DE]

Das Thaurer Schloss inspirierte in den vergangenen Jahrhunderten Dichter, Maler, aber auch Historiker zu kühnen und abenteuerlichen Thesen. Diese reichen von einer Erbauung in der Römerzeit bis hin zum Stammsitz der Andechser. Die Realität war jedoch viel unspektakulärer:
Besiedelt war der Hügel wahrscheinlich schon in vorgeschichtlicher Zeit, wie Gräberfunde belegen.
827 wird der Ort erstmals in einer Schenkungsurkunde des Klosters Innichen erwähnt. Das Schloss scheint am Ende des 12. Jahrhunderts errichtet worden zu ein, darauf deuten jedenfalls Quellen und archäologische Befunde hin. Urkundlich erstmals erwähnt wird die Anlage im Jahre 1232, ab dieser Zeit finden sich auch Abrechnungen zu diversen Bauvorhaben. Aufgrund dieser Aufzeichnungen kann man recht genau die Bausubstanz den einzelnen Bauschritten zuordnen: Zu Beginn des 14. Jahrhunderts bildeten der Palas, der Bergfried und der Burggrafenturm die Festung, wobei diese das Wasser nicht, wie zumeist üblich aus einer Zisterne erhielt, sondern eine eigene Wasserleitung besaß. Diese scheint sehr anfällig gewesen zu sein und gehörte zu den am häufigsten reparierten Teilen des Schlosses.
Die zweite Bauphase begann im 15. Jahrhundert: Vor allem der Wohnraum wurde erweitert wofür ehemalige Wehrbauten weichen mussten. So wurde 1484 -89 ein Saal errichtet, dem die Torstube weichen musste. In diese Zeit fiel auch der Bau der Barbekane. Dabei handelte es sich um eine Art Burg vor der Burg, die zumeist nicht direkt mit der Inneren Anlage verbunden war und als Schutz gegen die neuen Feuerwaffen galt. Dieser Teil des Thaurer Schlosses ist der bis heute am besten erhaltene.
1500 wurde die Schlosskapelle unter Kaiser Maximilian dem Hl. Maximilian geweiht, wobei diesem Vorgang wahrscheinlich ein Umbau voranging.
1504 wurde das Dach neu gedeckt und 1511 kam die Anlage als Pfand an Hall, das sich über die schlechte Bausubstanz beklagte.
Aus dem Jahre 1514 ist eine Schadensliste überliefert, die ein tristes Bild der Anlage wiedergibt: Die Dächer undicht, Holzkonstruktionen verfault und die Wasserleitung defekt.
Beim Bauernaufstand 1525 brach ein Brand aus, der den Verfall beschleunigte. 1537 kam die Anlage an die Herrn von Helfenstein, die bei der Übergabe folgende Inventur vorfanden: Vieles zerstört oder leer, die Harnische verrostet, die Büchsen zerbrochen usw.
1550 brach die Schlossbrücke zusammen, die Mauern hatten aufgrund von Unterwaschungen an Stabilität verloren und diverse Tore und Mauern drohten einzustürzen.
1564, das Thaurer schloss befand sich zu dieser Zeit im Besitz der Fieger, fiel er Turm zusammen.
1616 verließ der Pfleger von Thaur der das Gerichtswesen des Gerichts Thaur inne hatte das Schloss und zog ins neu errichtete Pflegerhaus in Thaur.
Ab diesem Zeitpunkt verfiel die Anlage zusehends.
Sind die Besitzverhältnisse in der frühen Erbauungszeit oftmals nicht genau rekonstruierbar, so gehörte die Anlage ab 1284 bis zum Verfall dem Tiroler Landeherrn.
Schloss Thaur galt als die größte und stärkste Befestigungsanlage im Inntal.



[EN]

The Thau castle inspired over the centuries poets, painters, but also historians to bold and adventurous theories. These range from construction in Roman times through to the headquarters of the Andechs. The reality was much less spectacular:
The hill was probably inhabited in prehistoric times, as grave findings.
827 after the city was first mentioned in a deed of gift of the monastery of San Candido. The castle appears at the end of the 12th Has been built a century, to interpret any event sources and archaeological evidence suggests. The first written mention is the facility in 1232, from this time also accounts related to various construction projects. Because these recordings can be fairly accurately the buildings assigned to the individual building steps: At the beginning of the 14th Century formed the great hall of the castle keep and count the fortress tower, said the water is not, as usual, was mostly from a cistern, but had its own water supply. This seems to have been very vulnerable and was one of the most commonly repaired parts of the castle.
The second phase began in the 15th Century: in particular the living room was expanded what had formerly fortified buildings give way. Sun -89 1484 a hall was built, which was replaced by the Torstuben. This period also saw the construction of the Barbekane. It was a kind of castle from the castle, which was usually not directly connected to the interior system and was considered a protection against the new weapons. This part of the Thau castle is today the best preserved.
1500, the chapel of Emperor Maximilian was dedicated to St. Maximilian, and this was probably a rebuilding process ahead.
1504, the roof was covered again and 1511 the plant was pledged to Hall, complained about the dilapidated housing.
From 1514, an injury list has been handed down, which shows a sad picture of the system: the leaky roofs, rotting wooden structures and damaged the water line.
With the peasant uprising in 1525 a fire broke out, which accelerated the decline. In 1537, the plant came to the Lord of Helfenstein, who found at the handover following inventory: Much destroyed or empty, the armor rusted, broken the guns, etc.
1550 Castle Bridge collapsed, the walls were lost due to bottom washes of stability and threatened to collapse several doors and walls.
1564, the Thau was joined at that time owned by Fieger, he collapsed tower.
1616 left the keeper of the court system of the Thaur Thaur Court held the castle and moved into newly built house keepers in Thaur.
From this point, the system fell into disrepair.
If the ownership in the early construction period is often not accurately reconstructed, the plant was from 1284 until the expiration of the Tyrolean ruler.
Castle Thaur was considered the largest and strongest fortress in the Inn Valley.
Type: Ruin

Fee: free

Hours:
always


Related URL: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
Original photographs showing additional views of the Ruin/Remnant or even just its current condition are encouraged. Please describe your visit, especially if no additional photos are available. Did you like the Ruin or Remnant? What prompted you to see the Ruin or Remnant?
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Preserved Architectural Remnants and Ruins
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
luzzi-reloaded visited Schlossruine Thaur, Tyrol Austria 2/19/2012 luzzi-reloaded visited it
skorzak visited Schlossruine Thaur, Tyrol Austria 9/7/2011 skorzak visited it
BenMan_AD visited Schlossruine Thaur, Tyrol Austria 4/8/2011 BenMan_AD visited it

View all visits/logs