Chili Cobblestone School - Town of Chili, NY
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member MrsMcFly
N 43° 03.098 W 077° 43.393
18T E 278214 N 4770147
Quick Description: This cobblestone school, located at 2525 Scottsville Road operated from 1848 to 1952.
Location: New York, United States
Date Posted: 6/16/2008 7:10:11 AM
Waymark Code: WM4080
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member BarbershopDru
Views: 27

Long Description:
Historial marker at school states:
The Chili District No.4 School was built in 1848 and operated as such until 1952. On September 19, 1965, it was dedicated as a museum. Established by legislation passed February 22, 1822, the township of Chili is believed to have been named after the South American Republic of Chile. It was formerly part of the Town of Riga, and earlier known as East Pulteney. Old deeds called it "Black Creek Township."

The old school as recently gone through renovations and the museum is open by appointment only. The Chili Town Historian can be reached at 585-88-6123 to arrange a visit. The museum holds many artifacts of interest from the mid 1800's.
City, Town, Village Name: Town of Chili

Building Usage: Former school, now a museum

Architectural style: Greek Revival

Public or Private: Public

Tours Available?: yes

Website: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Original photo of the building is necessary to log a visit in this category, no photos of GPS or person required.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Cobblestone Buildings
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
sagefemme visited Chili Cobblestone School - Town of Chili, NY 7/1/2012 sagefemme visited it