Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks Within 100 km of N 49° 00.467 W 123° 07.617 [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings
 allows ratings
Managed By: Icon Here NRHP Geeks
Description:
This category is to list structures cast in a supporting role for National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) Historic Districts as 'contributing structures.'
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 44 Page: 1 of 2 prev<<<[12]>>>next
Image for San de Fuca Schoolhouse, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - Washingtonview gallery

SS90.8 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsSan de Fuca Schoolhouse, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - Washington

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

San de Fuca was a small town located on Whidbey Island's Penn Cove in the late 1800's and early 1900's. The town no longer exists, however, the old school building, built in 1902, still stands on a hill above the cove.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/23/2008

last visited: 5/13/2010

Image for Coupeville Wharf and Warehouse, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.2 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsCoupeville Wharf and Warehouse, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

At one time Coupeville was the heart of Whidbey Island and the community relied on boats for goods and travel. This was the town's 4th wharf, built in 1905, and it reaches 500 feet into the cove, so boats could be loaded at low tide.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/25/2008

last visited: 11/27/2009

Image for Terry's Dryer/Gillespie's Livery Stable, Central Whidbey Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.2 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsTerry's Dryer/Gillespie's Livery Stable, Central Whidbey Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This structure was originally a fruit drying warehouse that sold to miners of the Klondike gold rush. Later it became a livery stable, renting out horses and later cars. The building was constructed in 1897.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 6/3/2008

last visited: 5/1/2011

Image for Island County Abstract Office, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.2 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsIsland County Abstract Office, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Coupeville became the county seat of Island County in 1881. This building, built in 1890, housed the County Abstract Office, where property title documents were prepared.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/25/2008

last visited: 5/1/2011

Image for Alexander Blockhouse, Central Whidbey Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.2 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsAlexander Blockhouse, Central Whidbey Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Alexander blockhouse was built by John Alexander in 1855 as a defense against possible Indian raids from northern tribes. It was originally located nearby and moved to its current location in 1930.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/24/2008

last visited: 6/18/2010

Image for Blowers & Kineth Store, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.3 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsBlowers & Kineth Store, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

At one time this was the largest general store in Coupeville, and it remained a grocery store for more than 60 years. Built in 1886, it is considered a contributor to the Central Whidbey Island Historic District.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/25/2008

last visited: 9/19/2008

Image for Whidbey Mercantile Company, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.3 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsWhidbey Mercantile Company, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This structure was originally built in 1875 for John Robertson's Whidbey Mercantile Company, known as the "Whidbey Cash and Carry". It became a tavern in 1938 and is still used as such.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 6/3/2008

last visited: 9/13/2012

Image for Sedge Building, Central Whidbey Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.3 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsSedge Building, Central Whidbey Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Sedge Building has housed many businesses since it was built in 1871, including an undertaker, a Chinese laundry, and the town's first telephone exchange.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 6/3/2008

last visited: 2/18/2012

Image for Glenwood Hotel, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.3 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsGlenwood Hotel, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Italianate styled Glenwood Hotel was built in 1890 and was one of the most elegant buildings on Coupeville's Front Street. It is considered a primary contributor to the Central Whidbey Island Historic District.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/24/2008

last visited: never

Image for Samsel/Zylstra Law Office, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.3 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsSamsel/Zylstra Law Office, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This building, built in 1904, was originally a law office of half its present size and with a false front. The west half, a doctor's office, was added later. It is a contributor to the Central Whidbey Island Historic District.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/25/2008

last visited: never

Image for Granville Haller House, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.3 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsGranville Haller House, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Granville Haller house is one of the oldest homes in Coupeville, built in 1866. It is considered a primary contributor to the Central Whidbey Island Historic District.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/25/2008

last visited: never

Image for Masonic Lodge #15, Central Whidbey Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.3 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsMasonic Lodge #15, Central Whidbey Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Masons were organized in Coupeville in 1869 and erected this building as their lodge in 1874. The group is still active and continues to meet in the over 130 year old lodge.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/24/2008

last visited: 9/13/2008

Image for Captain Thomas Kinney House, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.5 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsCaptain Thomas Kinney House, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Captain Kinney was one of several sea captains who settled in Coupeville in the 19th century. This house was built for him in 1871.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/25/2008

last visited: never

Image for Captain Thomas and Maria Coupe House, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WAview gallery

SS93.7 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsCaptain Thomas and Maria Coupe House, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This house, built in 1854, is the oldest in the town and was built for Captain Thomas Coupe, for whom the town is named. It is considered a primary contributor to the Central Whidbey Island Historic District.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/25/2008

last visited: never

Image for Davis Blockhouse, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WAview gallery

SS94.3 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsDavis Blockhouse, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Davis Blockhouse, built in 1857, is one of 4 blockhouse still remaining within the Central Whidbey Historic District. Settlers built these defenses for fear of attack from Northern Indian tribes, such as the Haida from the British Columbia area.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/23/2008

last visited: 11/29/2009

Image for Ferry House, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - Washingtonview gallery

SS95.8 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsFerry House, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - Washington

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Ferry House was built in 1870 on Ebey's Prairie and served as an arrival area for people arriving by boat at Ebey's Landing below. It is a contributing building to the Central Whidbey Historic District.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/23/2008

last visited: never

Image for Crockett Blockhouse, Central Whidbey Historic District - WAview gallery

SS98.7 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsCrockett Blockhouse, Central Whidbey Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Crockett's Blockhouse is one of 4 historic blockhouses that are still standing within the Ebey's Landing National Historic Reserve.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/24/2008

last visited: 11/29/2009

Image for Crockett Farm Barn, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WAview gallery

SS98.7 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsCrockett Farm Barn, Central Whidbey Island Historic District - WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This hip-roofed barn was built in 1895 by the Crocketts, an early pioneer family on Whidbey Island. The barn is listed on the Washington Heritage Barn Register and is a contributing building in the Central Whidbey Island Historic District.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 5/24/2008

last visited: 8/14/2011

Image for Battery Kinzie, Fort Worden Historic District - Washingtonview gallery

SS99.9 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsBattery Kinzie, Fort Worden Historic District - Washington

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Battery Kinzie was constructed in 1908 in the bluffs of Point Wilson. It is one of 15 batteries located on the fort's property.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 9/11/2007

last visited: 5/4/2013

Image for Alexander's Castle, Fort Worden - Washingtonview gallery

SS100.6 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsAlexander's Castle, Fort Worden - Washington

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Alexander's Castle predates the fort and was built by a Scottish Reverend for his prospective bride. It was built in 1883.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 9/11/2007

last visited: 5/5/2013

Image for Enlisted Men's Barracks, Fort Worden - Washingtonview gallery

SS100.7 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsEnlisted Men's Barracks, Fort Worden - Washington

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

These simple barrack structures were constructed in 1908 to house the enlisted men of Fort Worden.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 9/11/2007

last visited: 5/3/2013

Image for Officers' Duplexes, Fort Worden Historic District - Washingtonview gallery

SS100.9 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsOfficers' Duplexes, Fort Worden Historic District - Washington

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This row of duplexes was constructed in 1904. The commanding officers lived here and across the yard was the location of the enlisted men.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Hikenutty

location: Washington

date approved: 9/11/2007

last visited: 5/4/2013

Image for U.S. Post Office / Community Hall - Port Gamble Historic District - Port Gamble, WAview gallery

SS134.2 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsU.S. Post Office / Community Hall - Port Gamble Historic District - Port Gamble, WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This contributing building is part of the Port Gamble Historic District in the historic town of Port Gamble, WA.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member thebeav69

location: Washington

date approved: 5/3/2013

last visited: never

Image for General Store & Office - Port Gamble Historic District - Port Gamble, WAview gallery

SS134.2 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsGeneral Store & Office - Port Gamble Historic District - Port Gamble, WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This general store, museum and office are located in the historic former milltown of Port Gamble, WA.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member thebeav69

location: California

date approved: 5/6/2013

last visited: never

Image for Fire Hall - Port Gamble Historic District - Port Gamble, WAview gallery

SS134.2 km

Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsFire Hall - Port Gamble Historic District - Port Gamble, WA

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This fire hall and historical marker are located in the historic former milltown of Port Gamble, WA.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member thebeav69

location: Washington

date approved: 5/6/2013

last visited: never

Total Records: 44 Page: 1 of 2 prev<<<[12]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)