Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
D.U.P. Historic Markers
 allows ratings
Managed By: Icon Here DUP Marker Group
Description:
These markers can be found in eleven countries (Canada, Denmark, England, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland, Wales) and thirteen States (Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Wyoming)--although the majority of them are located in Utah and Idaho, more markers are constantly being placed.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]
Currently displaying D.U.P. Historic Markers

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 447 Page: 18 of 18 prev<<<[1112131415161718]>>>next
Image for Fort Cedar - 222view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersFort Cedar - 222

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

In November 1851, thirty-five men from Parowan settled Cedar City. A unique temporary encampment, composed of their wagon boxes and sage brush walls, sheltered them through the first winter. In 1853, a fort 100 rods square was built on this site....

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 4/11/2008

last visited: 10/28/2011

Image for West Layton Meeting House - 539view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersWest Layton Meeting House - 539

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

As pioneer settlers spread out onto the rangelands of Kaysville along the two branches of Kays Creek, those in the north, who made their living dry farming and stock raising, separated from Kaysville to form their own town. It was named Layton....

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 4/9/2008

last visited: 5/9/2011

Image for The Old Emigrant Road - 450view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersThe Old Emigrant Road - 450

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

The Old Emigrant Road started at Salt Lake City, Utah, and ended at the City of the Rocks, Idaho, where it formed a junction with the California Trail. This road was also known as Bluff Road, Old Traveled Road, and the Salt Lake Cutoff....

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 4/9/2008

last visited: 3/28/2012

Image for Pioneer Cabin - 89view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersPioneer Cabin - 89

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

Plain City was settled in 1859 by a group of pioneers from Lehi. The city was laid out in five-acre squares of four lots each, the work being done at night with the North Star as a guide to mark the blocks accurately.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 4/9/2008

last visited: 9/29/2010

Image for Muskrat Springs-Hooper - 397view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersMuskrat Springs-Hooper - 397

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

Hooper was first called Muskrat Springs because of the spring, the main fresh water supply in the area. Mm. A. Hooper built a herd house 1853. Jessie W. Fox surveyed the range 1858. James Hale and his wife came 1863. Lived in a dugout and sold salt.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 4/9/2008

last visited: 4/11/2011

Image for Clinton - 391view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersClinton - 391

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

In 1870, the Wm. J. Hill, Chauncey Hadlock families built homes in this area. Culinary water was brought from Weber River in barrels until the Fife Community Irrigation Ditch was finished. D.P. Davis, first school teacher, charged $5.00 per child.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 4/9/2008

last visited: 6/24/2013

Image for Settlement of Clearfield - 239view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersSettlement of Clearfield - 239

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

Clearfield was first known as Sand Ridge where dry farming began in 1869. First settlers, Richard and Emily Hamblin built a small dugout with dirt floor and thatched roof of sagebrush and dirt in 1877. Drinking water was hauled from Layton.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 4/9/2008

last visited: 6/1/2011

Image for Stage Coach Station - 251view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersStage Coach Station - 251

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

On this spot stood the Layton Stage Coach Station on the Utah, Idaho, Montana (Virigina City) trail. It was established in 1857 by Ben Holladay, and carried mail and passengers between Salt Lake and points north and west. Isaac Brown was the keeper.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 4/9/2008

last visited: 5/1/2013

Image for Original Church Farm - 68view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersOriginal Church Farm - 68

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

In July, 1855, the first settlers in Cache Valley, 23 men and 2 women, under the leadership of Martin Ensign and Bryant Stringham, came to Willow Valley with about 2,000 cattle and established Elk Horn Ranch near Haw Bush Spring...

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 4/9/2008

last visited: 9/7/2011

Image for LOGAN'S HYDRO-ELECTRIC PLANT - 322view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersLOGAN'S HYDRO-ELECTRIC PLANT - 322

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

In 1880, Gustave Lundberg and Christian Carff, planing mill operators, set up a direct current electric light plant, probably the first in Utah. It was a small Thompson-Houston machine with a capacity of fifty arcs, providing five lights for Logan...

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 4/9/2008

last visited: 9/7/2011

Image for Old Fort of Franklin - 93view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersOld Fort of Franklin - 93

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

Franklin, the first permanent Anglo-Saxon settlement in Idaho was settled in 1860 by a group of Mormon pioneer families.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Idaho

date approved: 4/9/2008

last visited: 6/10/2012

Image for Pioneer Ferry and Bridge - 236view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersPioneer Ferry and Bridge - 236

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

Concrete shaft located one-half mile west on Bear River marks the site of the Nathan William Packer toll Ferry and Bridge.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Idaho

date approved: 4/7/2008

last visited: 6/27/2007

Image for First Las Vegas Post Office - 170view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersFirst Las Vegas Post Office - 170

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

This First Las Vegas Post Office D.U.P. historic marker is located at the Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort State Historic Park in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Marine Biologist

location: Nevada

date approved: 4/4/2008

last visited: 2/6/2015

Image for Las Vegas Fort - 40view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersLas Vegas Fort - 40

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

This Las Vegas Fort D.U.P. historic marker is located at the Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort State Historic Park in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Marine Biologist

location: Nevada

date approved: 4/2/2008

last visited: 2/6/2015

Image for Ammon - 167view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersAmmon - 167

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

This village, first called South Iona, was settled by Latter-Day Saints.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Idaho

date approved: 3/27/2008

last visited: never

Image for Pioneer Women - 186view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersPioneer Women - 186

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

Attacks by the Indians on the peaceful inhabitants in this vicinity led to the final battle here January 29th, 1863. The conflict occurred in deep snow and bitter cold, scores of wounded and frozen soldiers were taken....

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Idaho

date approved: 3/27/2008

last visited: 6/17/2011

Image for  Mormon Pioneer Adobes - 490view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic Markers Mormon Pioneer Adobes - 490

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

Estimate location of the adobe home built by John Conrad Naile.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member ucdvicky

location: California

date approved: 2/8/2008

last visited: 8/7/2008

Image for  Pioneer Schoolhouse & Chapel - 246 view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic Markers Pioneer Schoolhouse & Chapel - 246

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

Estimated location of the first American school house non-catholic. It was built in 1850 and is said to be the first LDS chapel in California.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member ucdvicky

location: California

date approved: 2/7/2008

last visited: 8/7/2008

Image for Saramarie J. Van Dyke Carriage House - 389view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersSaramarie J. Van Dyke Carriage House - 389

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

A registered member of Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Mrs. Van Dyke willed her entire estate to the organization to be used as a memorial to her. The request, plus accumulated Central Company savings, contributions from every member and many friends....

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 2/6/2008

last visited: 3/14/2012

Image for WOMEN OF THE MORMON BATTALION  - 257view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersWOMEN OF THE MORMON BATTALION - 257

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

A granite monument honoring the women who traveled with the Mormon Battalion in 1847.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Johnny_Quest

location: California

date approved: 2/3/2008

last visited: 12/31/2010

Image for Pioneer Church - 66view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersPioneer Church - 66

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

According to the marker, the Pioneer Church was located 1/2 block east and 1/2 block north in the spring of 1864. The church was also used for school and community center.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Rose Red

location: Idaho

date approved: 1/24/2008

last visited: 6/9/2011

Image for La Verkin - 134view gallery
Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersLa Verkin - 134

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

A DUP historical marker outside a police station in La Verkin, Utah.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member ggmorton

location: Utah

date approved: 1/23/2008

last visited: 1/30/2011

Total Records: 447 Page: 18 of 18 prev<<<[1112131415161718]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)