Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks Within 100 km of N 41° 41.652 W 112° 08.486 [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
D.U.P. Historic Markers
 allows ratings
Managed By: Icon Here DUP Marker Group
Description:
These markers can be found in eleven countries (Canada, Denmark, England, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland, Wales) and thirteen States (Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Wyoming)--although the majority of them are located in Utah and Idaho, more markers are constantly being placed.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 192 Page: 1 of 8 prev<<<[12345678]>>>next
Image for Boise Ford ~ 400view gallery

here0 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersBoise Ford ~ 400

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

The Boise Ford was used by stagecoaches and other vehicles before bridges were built in the area. This marker is about 2 1/2 miles northwest of the actual ford.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: 4/9/2015

Image for Bear River City Fort ~ 496view gallery

SS8.9 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersBear River City Fort ~ 496

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

The Bear River City Fort was established in 1867.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 6/16/2011

last visited: never

Image for Bear River City ~ 99view gallery

SS8.9 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersBear River City ~ 99

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

Bear River City was founded by a group of Scandanavian Mormons in 1866.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: never

Image for Bear River City Pioneersview gallery

SS8.9 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersBear River City Pioneers

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

This granite marker is located next to the historic log cabin in Bear River City Park.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 9/13/2013

last visited: never

Image for Early Schools ~ 304view gallery

SS8.9 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersEarly Schools ~ 304

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

A number of different buildings were used for instructing students of all ages in early Bear River City.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: never

Image for Hansen Cooperative Dairy - 334view gallery

NENE14 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersHansen Cooperative Dairy - 334

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

Located on Hwy 30 in Beaver Dam, Utah.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member lazyCachers

location: Utah

date approved: 6/4/2008

last visited: 8/3/2012

Image for Corinne Opera House ~ 229view gallery

SS16.4 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersCorinne Opera House ~ 229

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

The Corinne Opera house served many purposes during its long life.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: 10/5/2012

Image for The First Weather Station in Utah - 136view gallery

SS16.4 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersThe First Weather Station in Utah - 136

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

The weather station in Corinne operated from 1870 to 1874.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: 10/5/2012

Image for Newton Reservoir - 18view gallery

NENE22.5 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersNewton Reservoir - 18

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

Located three and one-half miles north of this marker, the first storage reservoir in Utah was begun in 1871, and completed in enlarged form, after going out three times. Length of dam, 127 feet, height 28 feet, made of earth and rocks.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 6/3/2008

last visited: 8/3/2012

Image for A Pioneer Home ~ 482view gallery

SESE22.9 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersA Pioneer Home ~ 482

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

This log cabin, one of the first permanent structures in Brigham City, has been moved and restored twice.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: 4/1/2011

Image for Original Church Farm - 68view gallery

EE24.5 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersOriginal Church Farm - 68

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

In July, 1855, the first settlers in Cache Valley, 23 men and 2 women, under the leadership of Martin Ensign and Bryant Stringham, came to Willow Valley with about 2,000 cattle and established Elk Horn Ranch near Haw Bush Spring...

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 4/9/2008

last visited: 9/7/2011

Image for LOGAN'S HYDRO-ELECTRIC PLANT - 322view gallery

EE24.9 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersLOGAN'S HYDRO-ELECTRIC PLANT - 322

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

In 1880, Gustave Lundberg and Christian Carff, planing mill operators, set up a direct current electric light plant, probably the first in Utah. It was a small Thompson-Houston machine with a capacity of fifty arcs, providing five lights for Logan...

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 4/9/2008

last visited: 9/7/2011

Image for Cache County Relic Hall ~ 9view gallery

EE25.4 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersCache County Relic Hall ~ 9

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

This marker commemorates a building used to house pioneer relics for historical purposes. It appears that this building is no longer in existence.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/20/2011

last visited: 9/7/2011

Image for Pioneer Mills of Cache Valley ~ 174view gallery

EE25.9 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersPioneer Mills of Cache Valley ~ 174

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

The burrstones in this monument are from the original Cache Valley mills.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/20/2011

last visited: 9/7/2011

Image for Pioneer Memories of 1866 - 30view gallery

EE25.9 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersPioneer Memories of 1866 - 30

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

In 1866 the Pioneers gathered the stones in this base, from the river channel and bench lands surrounding Logan, for the purpose of building a fort wall around the Tabernacle Square.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 6/24/2008

last visited: 9/7/2011

Image for River Heights ~ 448view gallery

EE26.4 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersRiver Heights ~ 448

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

River Heights gets its name from its elevated position overlooking the Logan River.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: 2/4/2012

Image for The Providence Players ~ 143view gallery

EE26.9 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersThe Providence Players ~ 143

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

The Providence Players were the theater company of early Providence. The multi-purpose rock assembly hall served as their performance venue.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: 9/7/2011

Image for Three Mile Creek Settlement ~ 439view gallery

SS27.2 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersThree Mile Creek Settlement ~ 439

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

Three Mile Creek was established in 1853 and, in 1869, became a point on the route of the Union Pacific Railroad as it built through the area.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: never

Image for Unknown Pioneers of Logan ~ 417view gallery

EE28.3 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersUnknown Pioneers of Logan ~ 417

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

A group of early Logan pioneers, whose identity has been lost to time, were reburied in this special plot in Logan cemetery.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: 7/29/2011

Image for Willard Pioneer Cemetery ~ 507view gallery

SS32.3 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersWillard Pioneer Cemetery ~ 507

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

In this cemetery people were grouped by date of death, not by family relationships.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: 9/21/2011

Image for Willard Central School Bellview gallery

SS33 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersWillard Central School Bell

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

This monument is typical of many erected by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers. They sport historic school bells on their tops. A piece of rail from the First Transcontinental Railroad is also an element of several monuments in the area.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: never

Image for North Willow Creek Fort ~ 48view gallery

SS33 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersNorth Willow Creek Fort ~ 48

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

North Willow Creek is the original name for Willard, Utah.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 3/23/2011

last visited: never

Image for Richmond Fort - 15view gallery

NENE37.2 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersRichmond Fort - 15

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

In July 1859 under the leadership of John Bair (Interpreter and Guide), sixteen families settled here. They built log cabins and dugouts between City Creek and Brower Springs.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member JacobBarlow

location: Utah

date approved: 7/20/2008

last visited: never

Image for Lewiston Pioneers ~ 101view gallery

NENE39.1 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersLewiston Pioneers ~ 101

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

This historical marker, erected by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers, is located in the park on Center Street in Lewiston.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Utah

date approved: 12/10/2013

last visited: never

Image for Weston Pioneers ~ 69view gallery

NN40.4 km

Log it!

D.U.P. Historic MarkersWeston Pioneers ~ 69

in D.U.P. Historic Markers

This historical marker, erected by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers, is located on Depot Street across from the local Post Office.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member brwhiz

location: Idaho

date approved: 1/21/2014

last visited: never

Total Records: 192 Page: 1 of 8 prev<<<[12345678]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)