L'ancienne École, Centre d'Art. -Sainte-Rose. -Laval. -Québec.
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member colibris7
N 45° 36.836 W 073° 47.182
18T E 594625 N 5051870
Quick Description: L'ancienne École, Centre d'Art. -Sainte-Rose. -Laval. -Québec. The old school, Art Center. -Saint-Rose. -Laval. -Québec.
Location: Québec, Canada
Date Posted: 2/15/2015 9:34:58 AM
Waymark Code: WMNCPF
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member Mark1962
Views: 3

Long Description:
L'ancienne École, Centre d'Art. est situé au 214, boulevard Sainte-Rose. Sainte-Rose. Laval.H7L 1L6 est
Le bâtiment est construit vers le milieu du XIXe siècle pour loger une école de fabrique. Cette dernière est administrée par la Fabrique de Sainte-Rose tout en restant indépendante du clergé. Elle est ensuite administrée conjointement avec la commission scolaire, lors de la création de celle-ci au début des années 1840.

Le bâtiment a l'origine avait une étage et un toit pointu. Au cours des années 1870, il est doté d'un deuxième étage et d'un toit mansardé à quatre versants. Des maîtres d'école laïques y enseignent pendant quelques décennies jusqu'à l'arrivée des Frères de Sainte-Croix en 1881. Puis laïques jusqu’à ce que les Frères de Saint-Gabriel s'y installent en 1894.A cause du nombre d'élèves qui augmente sans cesse, les autorités à bâtir un nouveau collège en 1910.

Dès lors, l'ancienne école loge la centrale téléphonique de 1910 à 1949, en plus du bureau de poste de 1912 à 1930. En 1940 le rez-de chaussée sert durant cette période de logement pour le chef de police. Après 1949, c’est la mairie de Sainte-Rose qui s'installe à l'étage. L'hôtel de ville déménage en 1965, suite à la fondation de la Ville de Laval. Peu après, le bâtiment devient la bibliothèque Sylvain-Garneau. Depuis la délocalisation de la bibliothèque, l'ancienne école conserve une vocation artistique et culturelle.

ATELIERS, CONFÉRENCES et COURS CENTRE D'ART Ste-Rose
COURS DE : Peinture Acrylique, Huiles et Aquarelle, Cour Théorie de la Couleurs, Techniques mixtes, Cours pastel et dessin, Peinture animalière, Ateliers Libres au rez de chaussée. Au premier Le Centre d'Art sers d'Exposition de grands formats des Artistes, de professeurs et élèves en formation ou et perfectionnement. Différentes expositions itinérantes sont également de passage dans ce lieu d'Arts et de Cultures variées.

Donc en résumé La bâtisse a servi d'École , Central Électrique, Bureau de Poste, Hôtel de ville, Bibliothèque et Centre d'Art et de Culture c'est ce qui s'appelle Multi Service au public et citoyens de Sainte-Rose jusqu'à ce jour. Très éclairé avec sa rangé de fenêtres et lucarnes en façade, des deux portes entrés pour grand format et ses deux cheminés.

(visit link)
Visite extérieur en tout temps. Intérieur selon les cours. Samedi et Dimanche exposition de 10h00 à 17 h00.

The old school, Art Center. is located at 214 Sainte-Rose Boulevard. Sainte-Rose. Laval.H7L is 1L6
The building was built in the mid-nineteenth century to house a factory school. It is administered by the Sainte-Rose factory while remaining independent of the clergy. It is then administered in conjunction with the school board during the creation of it in the early 1840s.

The building originally had a floor and a pointed roof. In the 1870s, he has a second floor and a mansard roof hipped. Secular school teachers to teach for a few decades until the arrival of the Holy Cross Brothers in 1881. Then lay until the Brothers of St. Gabriel settled in 1894.A it because of the number of students continues to increase, the authorities to build a new college in 1910.

Therefore, the old school houses the telephone exchange from 1910 to 1949, in addition to the post office from 1912 to 1930. In 1940 the ground floor serves during this period of accommodation for the police chief. After 1949, the town of Sainte-Rose, who moved upstairs. City Hall moved in 1965, following the founding of the City of Laval. Soon after, the building becomes Sylvain-Garneau library. Since the relocation of the library, the old school retains an artistic and cultural vocation.

WORKSHOPS, CONFERENCES and DURING ART CENTRE Ste-Rose
COURSE: Acrylic paint, oils and watercolor, Courtyard Theory of Colours, Mixed media, pastel and drawing classes, animal painting, Free Workshops on the ground floor. The first Art Center Exhibition serve large formats of Artists, teachers and students and training or development. Different traveling exhibitions are also passing through this place of Arts and varied cultures.

So in summary The building served as a school, Central Electric Post Office, City Hall, Library and Center of Art and Culture is what is called Multi Service to the public and citizens of Saint Rose up 'to date. Very bright with its row of windows and skylights, façade, two doors entered for large format and two fireplaces.

(visit link)
Outside visit at any time. Interior according to the courses. Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 17 exposure h00.
Type: Remnant

Fee: free

Hours:
Outside at all times. Interior hourly Art Center. Week variable depending on the course. Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 17:00


Related URL: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
Original photographs showing additional views of the Ruin/Remnant or even just its current condition are encouraged. Please describe your visit, especially if no additional photos are available. Did you like the Ruin or Remnant? What prompted you to see the Ruin or Remnant?
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Preserved Architectural Remnants and Ruins
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.